TYPE 45 PELLETS
- T 45 pellets or concentrated pellets
- Type 45 Pellets are kettle-added hop product providing bitterness and hop aroma.
- In Type 45 Pellets the hop bitter acids and essential oils are concentrated by the removal of some of the non-essential plant material during processing.
- Type 45 Pellets provide improved utilization, more homogeneity, better storage stability and significantly reduced transport / storage costs compared to raw hops.
- The hop bitter acids and hop oils are concentrated mechanically by removing much of the fibrous vegetative portion of the cone and thereby enriching the lupulin. Through enrichment pellets contained 45 % of the of non – resinous componets (e.g. moisture, cellulose, protein, etc.) found in the hop cones from wich they were produced
- Specific alpha content order in pellets T – 45.
Alpha acid standardization:
- The concentration of the α-acid content in Type 45 Pellets can be standardized to specified levels during pellet production.
- Pellets approximately 6 – 8 mm x 10 – 15 mm in size (diameter x length); pellets should be smooth but not dark and ‘glassy’ in appearance.
Ø Concentrations of α- and β-acids
α- and β-acids can be measured by any of the following:
- ASBC Spectrophotometric method (Hops-6) - (α- and β-acids
- IOB method 6.4 (α - acid, conductometric),
- EBC method 7.5 (α-acid, conductometric) or method EBC 7.4,
- By HPLC, using the current ICE standard, according to the EBC 7.7 method IOB method 6.5 or the ASBC method (Hops-14) - (α- and β-acids).
Ø Concentrations of Hop Oils
Hop oil concentration can be measured by the following methods:
- IOB 6.3 method,
- ASBC hops -13.
- Type 45 Pellets are normally packed in laminated polythene/metallised polyester foils within cartons either as ‘hard’ packs under vacuum or as ‘soft’ packs under inert gas (N2 and / or CO2) at atmospheric pressure.
- Normal pack size is 20 kg, but it can be addapted to customer needs.
- Pallets shipping.
- Container pallet dimension 112 x 75 cm
32 pallets per 40 '' container,
- Euro pallet dimension 120 x 80 cm
32 pallets per 90 – 100 cbm trailer truck,
38 pallets per 120 cbm lorry & drawbar truck.
- Type 45 Pellets should be cool stored at < 5°C (41°F). Opened foils/cartons should be used quickly to avoid deterioration of bitter acids and essential oils
- 2 years of maximum quality stability.